Dan Kennedy will help you make more money
If your small firm law practice needs a steady stream of great clients, then you should get to know Dan Kennedy.
Who is Dan Kennedy?
Short answer: Dan Kennedy has a long track record of taking small business owners to seven-figure incomes and multi-millionaire wealth.
Yeah, including some lawyers.
And yet we don’t seem to hear much about him in the legal profession.
Which is why it took me long time to stumble across him. (And even longer to fully appreciate how valuable his advice was).
My first “stumble” was having this book recommended to me by an exceptionally knowledgeable marketing guru.
That book, The No B.S. Guide to Direct Marketing, was a complete game changer for me. As it has been for many of the folks that Dan Kennedy has helped.
That book sets forth the principles of Direct Response Marketing, which is…
The ONLY effective and affordable kind of marketing for small businesses.
Note I said “effective AND affordable.”
If you want mediocre results that are overly expensive, then don’t pay attention to Dan Kennedy.
But if you’re looking for a little-known but powerful path to financial security then you absolutely must understand the principles of Direct Response Marketing.
The famous Madison Avenue ad man David Ogilvy called direct response marketing “his secret weapon.” And he used it to build his agency (Ogilvy & Mathers) into one of the most successful in the world.
To hear David Ogilvy explain his admiration for Direct Response marketing watch this 7-minute video.
Direct response marketing was around before Dan Kennedy.
Then why read Dan Kennedy’s book?
Because it’s the clearest and best explanation of how direct response marketing works.
And that’s not just my opinion by the way.
Check out the reviews of his book on Amazon, which are overwhelmingly positive.
Here are a few snippets:
- “One of the best marketing books I read. A practical book not a theoretical book”
- “Detailed, direct, filled with decades of experience. I have been in business for most of my life, and have worked as both a coach and business consultant to many companies. This is an excellent self-teach guide/manual/handbook for everyone involved in sales and marketing.
- “This book provides plenty of examples as to what works and why.”
- “Truth bombs.”
- “f you are going to market anything, this book is an absolute must in your marketing arsenal!”
- “This book is fantastic. I have read every marketing book under the sun and this one is the best overall.”
- “I would write a longer review but this book was so great that I’m reading another one of his to be a better-rounded marketer.”
- “through this easy to read book you will find a goldmine of information about the discipline of direct marketing.”
But some people left negative reviews because Kennedy uses the direct response tactics that he teaches to market his business.
Which is silly, of course.
I’ll let one of the Amazon reviewers answer the ridiculous criticisms…
- “Is his marketing his other books going to offend some people? Possibly, if you object to an expert marketer doing what he preaches to others, and still providing value at the same time. Those critical of his strategy miss the point altogether.”
Yes, the petty Amazon critics (and there always are some, right?) will probably never learn direct response marketing from anyone.
Which means they’ll spend too much on mediocre marketing.
I hope you’re not a reflexive naysayer.
Because if you can see the value in what Dan Kennedy teaches, AND…
If you apply it to your marketing, then you’ll experience a massive shift in your profitability.
That’s what happened for me. And it’s what’s happened for thousands of people that followed Dan Kennedy’s advice.
Look, don’t get me wrong.
I’m not saying Dan Kennedy is a beneficent savior sent down by God to help the huddled masses.
Dan Kennedy is a flawed human (like everyone else).
First of all he’s a curmudgeonly old-school conservative tight-ass who doesn’t even do email.
He doesn’t even use the Internet.
He makes his clients communicate with him by fax machine, for God’s sake!!!
But worst of all?
He wears gaudy suits with purple shirts.
What kind of outlandish retro outfit is that, right?
Okay, so maybe he’s not someone we want to be seen hanging out with.
But when it comes to marketing?
Oh well then we DEFINITELY want to hang out with him, for sure!
Well, unfortunately that will never happen, because…
A business consulting session with Dan Kennedy costs $18,000
For ONE single day!!
Yeah, forget about one-on-one sessions with Dan the Gaudy Suit Man.
But so what?
We have access to something just as good.
Namely, his book: No B.S. Direct Marketing.
It’s less expensive, but has the key information you need to transform your marketing from:
“I hope this works” to…
“I have a 100% reliable system for pulling in new clients in a steady stream.”
Which means that Dan Kennedy’s book is something you can’t afford NOT to buy.
Oh, and if you have 30 minutes, watch this YouTube video of Dan explaining the “Principles of Internet Marketing”
And remember not to let yourself get distracted by the gaudy suit.
By the way, whenever you’re ready…
Here are three ways I can help you with your practice:
- Check out my private Facebook Group, for lawyers ONLY. Lawyers can join for free and about 400+ solo and small firm lawyers just like you ask each other questions, bounce practice management ideas, and get encouragement)
- Listen to my LawFirm Autopilot podcast, available on iTunes. It’s specifically geared solo & small firm attorneys who want to leverage technology using a proven strategic blueprint.
- Sign up for my weekly emails (and get my free 10-page Technology Resource Guide).